Chevening UK Scholarship Ethiopia
Chevening is the UK Government’s global scholarship program that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from all over the world to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network & experience. Chevening Scholarship this year will be offered without the requirement of IELTS or any other English Language testing documents.
Who is Eligible to Apply for the Scholarship
- The applicant must have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Must have at least two years’ work experience(this may be up to five years for fellowship programs, so its best to refer to the official scholarship website for further details.)
- You must return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended.
Coverage provided by the Scholarship
A Chevening Scholarship normally covers university tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, an economy class return airfare to the UK, and additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditure.
As Chevening Scholarships are fully-funded, your award includes the following:
- University tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend.
- Travel costs to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A homeward departure allowance.
- The cost of one visa application.
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
What courses are available
You will need to select three different master’s courses. These can be three different courses at the same institution or three similar courses at up to three different universities. In order to be eligible, the courses you choose must be full-time, You can check the available & Eligible courses using the Course finder.
You have to choose your three courses carefully. You will not be able to change your course choices after submitting your application unless you are granted permission to do so at the interview stage. You will need to apply separately to your selected courses directly via the university. It’s recommended to select three similar courses at three different universities to increase the likelihood that you will gain entry into one of them. And the course titles do not have to match exactly, but all three courses should be similar in content. You should select courses that reflect your current or future career goals.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
Next application will open on 3 September 2020
Deadline for Application: 3 November 2020
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on Chevening Ethiopia page.
Tips on how to Apply:
1) Use the Google Chrome web browser
2) When completing your application form, work in a full-size window.
3) Don’t use your browser’s ‘back’ and ‘forward’ buttons.
4) Remember your username and password.
5) Enter information accurately, especially your contact details.
6) You can preview all sections
7) Consider preparing your answers offline.
8) Application questions have word counts.
There is a minimum word count of 100 words per answer and a maximum of 500 words per answer so please ensure you meet these requirements. Answers that are less than 100 words will not be considered.
9) Save as you go!
There is no automatic save function on the system and each session will close after 60 minutes, even if you are still actively editing the form. Any unsaved entries will be lost, so you are strongly encouraged to save regularly to avoid losing your work!
10) You do not have to complete the form in one session.
11) Do not plagiarize.
12) Please apply in English.
13) Check the size and format of the files
The online system will only accept PDF documents no larger than 5 MB.
15) Remember, you can only submit one application.